Sunday, October 28, 2012

a change would do you good

Weight: 255lbs (-5lbs)

Well weigh in went very well and I am ecstatic with having lost 5lbs in two weeks. I thought that since this update is so close to my last that I would use this post to explain a bit more into who I am as I did not do that in the beginning.  So here we go...a bit into who I am.

(buying noodles for RA training)

I am 24 years old from Long Island, New York. I grew up on the water and have always enjoyed that fact about my life. I have worked in the food industry since I was 14ish. I worked my way up from a bus boy to a food runner to a host to a waiter to a bar tender. I managed in and out of different restaurants bars and have always enjoyed being in that field. I graduated from Iona College with a bachelors in elementary education. At Iona is where I developed my passion for student affairs. I worked in admissions, residential life, orientation and was involved in the activities board and a fraternity. By being involved I met many wonderful mentors who led me to this career.

From there I moved to Indiana, P.A. where I worked in Residential Life as an Assistant Residence Director and I spent time working in Service Learning and I spent a summer at Washington and Jefferson College working in Conferences and Events.  I earned a Masters in my two years at Indiana University of Pennsylvania in Student Affairs in Higher Education.

Now as far as how all this connects to my weight - well it's quite simple. I kept making excuses that I would have time after college...after grad school...well guess what there are no more excuses I can make. I now have all that time I have spent the last 20+ years in school that I can now redirect towards myself and building myself into the person I want to be physically. After all I put plenty of time getting myself where I wanted to be professionally and education wise.

Till next time..


No comments:

Post a Comment