Saturday, October 27, 2012

Weight: 257lbs (-3lbs)

Today marked six days in a row at the gym. I have been doing cardio for 30 minutes a day and sweating a good 25 of those minutes. I have been pretty happy with the work I have been putting in. Being a Residential Life Coordinator (RLC) makes my job hours all over the place. What I have found to work best is to put into my calendar (and my coworker/co-gym-goer) and to go immediately after work. By scheduling it in I have found that it is harder to put off.

I was able to have a cool adventure today . Barbara (my co-gym-goer) and I worked out and then headed to Orlandos Veg Fest. Although I am not a vegetarian it was really exciting to learn about the culture and try the food. I got to try many things (meatballs, hot dogs, mac and cheese) all very satisfying. You really could not tell it wasn't the real thing (minus the mac and cheese, nothing can replace that). I was happy to experience a different world and see the animal rights side of healthy eating. I truly wish I had the will power to commit to a life like that but that sounds like a different blog for a different day.

Lastly -  I made a step in the weight loss direction - I purchased my own scale. Now what stinks is it weighed me in higher than the last one but I am waiting for official weigh in tomorrow to determine if its all that vegan food or not. I am telling myself that the scale needs time to adjust mainly because I have worked to hard to have gained weight.

Till next time and heres hoping that tomorrows weigh in goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment