Friday, October 12, 2012

Weight: 260 lbs.

I will start off that this blog will not be grammatically correct at all times, it may not provide those "Carrie Bradshaw" words of wisdom but what it will hopefully provide is an outlet of pride and frustration as one S.A. professional attempts to lose the pounds without sacrificing the time I like to provide my students.

The field of student affairs is a bit hard to describe. Some would classify us as the pizza and balloons people on a campus. While what we do requires a masters and integrated use of theories and best practices the pizza is most definitely present.

Along with the pizza are the doughnuts, the soda and everything else that makes students attracted to programs. Many of us professionals in the field have a really hard time not giving all of our time to our students so we cave into the poor choices provided at such events. After a recent visit to the doctor I realized that if this is going to be my profession...my life, I must make a change for the better.

Join me won't you as I challenge myself to shed the pounds and support myself by writing down my thoughts.

Tonight I will be walking the Hatter Track following this post. For those who don't know it is a track set on the outskirts of campus for a safe and measured walk. I belive it is about 2.5 miles. Let's hope Scout is up to the challenge.

Thanks for reading...until next time. :)


2 comments:

  1. Wow - just want to let you know I commend you for blogging about this and appreciate your honesty and commitment. I know someone else in student affairs who has struggled with his weight and did a similar blog journey - my partner. If you're interested, and if it helps, check out his blog at seangrube.com for his journey. I hope you'll find it useful/inspiring. I look forward to checking back here for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I appreciate the support and look forward to this adventure.

    ReplyDelete