Sunday, October 21, 2012

First Success

Weight: 257 (-3lbs)

As noted above I have hit my first weigh in. I was planning to do this in the privacy of my home but I was out at Publix and noted their giant scale. I thought if I am able to put this all online, why not weigh myself in public. Luckily, my college friend, Laura was visiting and able to provide some moral support as I stepped onto the scale as if I was about to enter a rollar coaster.

As the scale settled I was able to read that I had lost 3 lbs. Now - I assume it is mostly water weight, but I am still pretty happy with this. I thought what a smart plan - weigh in and then go shopping. That way I am in the health mindset as I shop. Laura also provided me with some great shopping advice. I am now a perimeter shopper as that is where the healthiest options tend to be (minus the bak ry).

Now I am aware that this is supposed to connect to student affairs but I thought this first moment should be documented. Also - it was nice to see a friend from college and not consume crazy amounts of food. Both of us were really conscious about what we were eating and we were able to plan our meals (even at Disney) and stick to our health regiments.

Tomorrow a coworker and I are signing up for Planet Fitness. Now if your like my mother you are probably asking "Why not use the gym on?". Well as you may or may not be aware I live on campus...I work on campus...any excuse to get off campus is both mentally and now will be physically good for me. I am really looking forward to this experience and will hopefully be heading there a lot.


Until next time

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first success! Make sure you celebrate each pound. Then use that motivation to kick start your next mini-goal. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! I appreciate your advice!!

    ReplyDelete