Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Utility Belt

Current Weight: 237.8lbs (-22.2lbs)


I thought I would chat today about the utility belt I have created that has lead to my success thus far in this weight loss journey. I am a firm believer in the statement "It takes a village"...so here are what the tools  I keep in my belt.

My Fitness Pal:  This FREE application for the iPhone and Android allows you to track your daily food intake by calories, carbs, and all that fun stuff. Daily when you complete your journey the application projects your weight in five weeks (how's that for motivation). This app has a built in community of others losing weight and the motivation from them is fabulous. This application is a MUST have. If the app doesn't have what you are snacking on...no problem it has a built in scanner that pulls the nutrition facts from the barcode.

Healthy Pantry: It was hard at first but going through your fridge and cabinets is a must do. By removing temptation you are setting yourself up for success.

Group Fitness Class: Undoubtedly across Student Affairs professionals on any campus there is a group of motivated colleagues so get them together and set up some classes with your on campus gym. The group I put together is a Spin Class that meets once a week and is just administrators on campus. Honestly, the best hour of my week. Reach out and make connections...support systems are a must!!

Hungry-girl.com: This website is my savior. Lisa Lillian AKA Hungry Girl takes everyday foods and makes them in healthier ways without sacrificing flavor. Some of her staples have become regulars and her Super Market Guide has reshaped how I food shop. She sends out a daily e-mail which identifies recipes  low calorie finds and eating out survival guides. I highly recommend you check this out following reading this sentence!!!


So there ya have it! Those have been the tools to my success. I have reached my first goal of 20lbs down and I will be using these and more to get to my final goal of 60lbs. What's on your utility belt?

-RC

No comments:

Post a Comment